If you’ve been in business for any period of time, you would know that the most important thing in growing your business is to generate new leads.
New leads are the lifeblood of any business.
There are other important components to marketing, but it is almost impossible to grow your business without new leads.
The problem is, most businesses struggle with generating new leads consistently.
That’s where you need to create a lead generation system.
Why have a lead generation system?
Most people understand that in business, you need systems to grow.
Yet the majority of people are not aware that you can actually have a marketing system that generates leads consistently!
A lead generation system is a carefully planned, step by step method to convert cold traffic into a prospective client.
There is a very deliberate and purposeful message to move the cold prospect from ‘I don’t know you’ to ‘Yes, I’d like to hear more.’
For every dollar invested in a lead generation system, you can accurately predict how many leads you will generate.
So for example, if you know that you will need 30 new leads next month to meet your sales objective, with a lead generation system you will know how much you’d need to spend in order to get those 30 new leads.
This creates certainty in your business growth, as you should be able to predict how many out of those 30 leads will end up buying from you, based on your past experience.
On the other hand, general advertising is ad-hoc at best and generates random results.
So if you want predictable growth in your business, you really need to have a lead generation system!
Creating Your Lead Generation System on Social Media
The good thing about social media is that it is possible to create a lead generation system that performs consistently.
- Scalability: The big social media marketing platforms like Facebook, Google, Youtube have massive numbers. This makes it easy for advertisers to scale their marketing and grow their leads.
- Availability of data: With ads on social media platforms you can get lots of relevant data to help you refine your marketing strategy. You’ll know what works and what doesn’t very fast; this can help you make your ads run more effectively.
- Laser-targeting: Social media platforms like Facebook has an incredible ability to target just about any interest and demographic that you can think of. This allows you to advertise only to those people who would be interested in your advertising message.
- Retargeting: This is one I really love. Retargeting is a game-changer. It allows you to advertise to people who have previously visited your website, watched your video or performed some action. This helps you to differentiate the truly good prospects from the time wasters. It also allows you to create a multi-series message to qualify your prospects.
- Dynamic Messaging: With Social Media Marketing, you are able to make offers based on people’s previous reaction. For example, if they read your blog post but didn’t sign up for your free report. You can actually create a different offer to appeal to those people. At the same time, you could also craft a different message to those people who downloaded the free report, to deepen your business relationship with them.
Look, by no means am I saying that social media is the only way to create a lead generation system.
But to be honest you cannot beat the speed and ease at which you can develop a lead generation system compared to social media.
Start building a marketing system for your business today. You won’t regret it.
You might want to download my checklist and blueprint below to help you get started (it’s free).